Here is a brief update....
- The Laughter Club in Guelph is set for regular weekly sessions again, after a lengthy break, and a few hiccups along the way. Starts Wednesday July 6. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends - feels like getting the band back together again - the Laughter Band.
- The Laughter Van is spruced up with a few more logos for getting the message out. 294,000 kms so far. Pics to follow once I get the camera figured out.
- Canada Day Celebrations with the Port Stanley gang - Brenda, Tess and Sue who are presenting Laughter Yoga as part of the Canfest weekend. July 1st at 4pm and Sunday July 3rd at 4pm. Port Stanley is a beautiful corner of Ontario, fifteen minutes south of London on Lake Erie.
- Guelph Hillside Festival has included Laughter Yoga in their line-up of workshops. A weekend of music and celebration in the natural beauty of the Guelph Lake Conservation area. July 22-24.
- Salimah in Toronto recently presented the Yogapalooza event in Brampton - June 18,19 - and is going to be in Montreal on August 13. Yogapalooza is the biggest FREE outdoor Yoga event in Canada.
- Kathryn Kimmins in Hamilton will be boarding the MSC Poseia in November, presenting Laughter Yoga as part of the Womens Fun and Enrichment Cruise - Empowerment Matters. Bookings are still being taken at the time of this writing.
- Laughter Ontario is now on Facebook - a group set up for Leaders, Teachers and friends of Laughter to interconnect. Membership is growing. The group is open and you are welcome to join us there.
- Laughter Yoga at St. Joes Hospital in Guelph - part of a series of 8 presentations for those recovering and rehabilitating from illness. Many of the patients in this hospital are seniors - hip fractures and stroke are the most common ailments here, and Laughter sessions are fitting in nicely as a low impact exercise that brings the added benefit of community. This started in December 2010 and is running bi-monthly until the end of the year.
Thanks to Dr. Madan for the vision he has provided in bringing Laughter Yoga into the world.
Laughter Yoga is working in Ontario.
Love and Laughter to all.