I lost the opportunity to present Laughter Yoga at a Conference recently. Instead they went for a sporting personality who charged more than three times my fee. The reason given was I needed to play it safe. My reputation is at stake here.
Shortly after this I presented at another Conference. At the conclusion, the person who employed me came running up and excitedly whispered in my ear Thank God you didnt let me down.
Which came at the same time a potential client explained to me how they were having concerns about employing me because The last health presenter we had was a nutritionist who discussed at length the amount of time it takes for a piece of corn to travel from your mouth, through your system, and into the toilet. They still call me Captain Corn. I got the job and it went well.
The point of these three stories is simple. When someone pays you to do a Laughter Yoga session, their reputation is on the line as well as yours. Be mindful that if you do a bad job, you can leave. They cant.
Your reputation is your brand. It can be enhanced by
- Doing exactly what you were employed to do.
- Exceeding the expectations of point 1.
- Asking the person who employed you Did that exceed your expectations?
- Getting a video testimonial from the most senior person in the organisation that attended your session.
- Sending a thank you email once the invoice has been paid with a note that simply says That was GRRREAT for me. I hope you feel the same. I look forward to any other opportunities that you may have in the future
If you have any further questions on your BRAND, then please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time