Linda Leclerc (Gatineau, Quebec) began studying Laughter Yoga in 2003 with founders of International Laughter Yoga Clubs, Dr. Madan Kataria and his wife Madhuri. She became a Laughter Yoga Teacher in 2005, and has been selected and mentored by Dr. Kataria as Canada’s first and only Master Trainer of Laughter Yoga.
LINDA LECLERC is the founder of the international community “HAHA Sisterhood”, and founder/director of the Canadian School of Laughter Yoga. A respected member of the International Laughter Yoga Network, Linda has worked with hundreds of companies and organizations both as a keynote speaker and a presenter. Linda has been working in Europe and North America to teach this simple yet powerful way to manage stress and have more fun. She is the first laughter yoga practitioner to co-author, and have published, a resource book on the practice titled “Le Yoga du Rire – Hasya Yoga”. Linda is also the creator and producer of the audio CD collection “Destination Rire”, and is the official French translator of Dr. Kataria’s book “Laugh for No Reason”.
Linda's Biography on LaughterYoga.org
Linda's Facebook page (in French)
Testimonials about Linda's (in French and English)
Video of Linda on a Canadian Television Show (in French)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Anyone who would like to deepen their knowledge and add more laughter into their life and professional practice;
- Healthcare professionals: Nurses, psychologists, activity/recreation therapists
- Alternative Therapist and Healers;
- Teachers, Social workers, Daycare providers
- Human resource/Training and Development professionals
(NOTE: Pre-requisite - Laughter Yoga Leader Certificate)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
We will begin with an in-depth review of laughter leadership practices, and then move on to more advanced practices including:
- How to effectively lead group Laughter Yoga sessions, creating and sustaining a powerful group laughter dynamic;
- How to help people convert pro-active laughter into real, infectious, spontaneous laughter without needing to rely on jokes, comedy or humour;
- How to manage the unexpected and effectively adapt your skills to any situations;
- How to practice and teach Laughter Meditation;
- How to laugh alone and infuse your life with more laughter and joy, and how to teach this to others;
- How to avoid burnout using Yogic breathing and meditation techniques for inner balance and spiritual development;
- How to effectively use Laughter Yoga with special needs individuals and specific populations (i.e. those that are elderly, physically and mentally challenged, deaf, blind, inmates, school children and school teachers.)
- How to successfully organize and deliver a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training program.
- How to develop presentation skills and understand different learning styles.
- How to develop public and media relations skills including writing of press releases and marketing through media.
- How to conduct seminars and workshops for the corporate, education, health, and social service environments.
- How to successfully create, manage, promote and grow your Laughter Yoga business;
- And much much more!
Following completion of the Teacher Training Program, you will be authorized as an affiliate of Dr. Kataria’s International School of Laughter Yoga, and qualified to train and certify Laughter Yoga Leaders.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- An up-to-date, comprehensive Training Manual
- Dr Kataria’s classic e-book “Laugh for no reason”
- The Resource Pack DVD and CD set containing video clips of international news coverage, Laughter Yoga in schools, scientific research on Laughter Yoga, articles and photos for press and media.
- A Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher certificate
- One year free Prozone subscription
- (www.laughteryoga.org/prozone) – Regular price $60
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU…
- Your smile!
- Pen and paper to take notes;
- A costume, musical instrument or other equipment or props (for any presentation you wish to
- share on the talent night);
- One small wrapped gift for our exchange of gifts;
- A fun and joyful outfit for the costume party.
SYLLABUS: 5-DAY CERTIFIED LAUGHTER YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
- Introduction and group discussion;
- The concept, history and philosophy of Laughter Yoga;
- Laughter Yoga and Laughter Meditation sessions, with participants learning and practicing various aspects of presentation to develop facilitation skills: Commands to start, role of the leader, laughter exercises, yogic breathing techniques and student participation;
- Practical applications (practice sessions): Running laughter groups, presenting Laughter Yoga to the public and the press;
- Presentation skills explained (training is conducted in an experiential rather than academic manner; participants will be invited to share personal experiences during the training);
- Laughter Yoga applications and directed techniques for: Social groups, fitness classes, children, seniors, disabled, in the workplace;
- Video presentations provide a scientific grounding, as well as tools for presentations and to establish credibility;
- Free Laughter Yoga and for-a-fee Laughter Yoga;
- How to start a Laughter Club and guide it to ongoing success ;
- How to run public seminars and workshops;
- The importance of marketing/media and PR - techniques for success you can use immediately;
- Laughter Yoga around the world;
- How to add more laughter to your life; how to laugh on your own;
- Yogic breathing (Pranayama) will be taught and practiced in morning sessions;
- Meditation and visualization techniques;
- And because the training starts on World Laughter Day, you will join the Celebration with the members of the AHA! Gatineau Laughter Club
Fee: $850 (lodging and meals are not included)
Click here For TRAINING INFORMATION - POSTER
click here for TRAINING REGISTRATION FORM