LAUGHTER FOR WELLNESS
** BECOME A CERTIFIED LAUGHTER YOGA LEADER **
Do you want to be a laughter leader and help others (and yourself) reduce stress and enjoy better health and more joyful, productive lives? Customized for the group or individual; also private trainings.
2-day Training: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm both days
Call or email for upcoming training dates.
For more info or to register: Debbie - 770-843-0940, LaughterForWellness@gmail.com
Who Should Attend The Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training?
- Anyone who wants to help themselves and others have a healthier, more joyful life
- Activity/Recreational Therapists
- Therapists and Social Workers
- Activities Directors/Assisted Living Staff
- Massage Therapists
- Physicians, Nurses, and Health Care Staff
- Teachers and Physical Education Specialists
- Yoga Instructors
- Human Resource/Management Professionals
- Life/Wellness Coaches
- Leader Training Manual
- Official Leader Certificates from Dr. Kataria’s School of Laughter Yoga and from Laughter for Wellness
- LOTS of practice (including co-facilitating a live Laughter Club)
- Goodie bag of gifts to spark your laughter, joy, and creativity
- Free 6-month membership to Prozone (professional section of LaughterYoga.org – a $30 value)
- CD of “Fun”ky dance music for use in your laughter sessions, created by Laughter for Wellness
- Dr. Kataria’s E-Book, Laugh For No Reason
- Follow-up support (phone, email, leader newsletters) and ongoing training (leader “pep” rallies/trainings)
- Nurturing and caring guidance by experienced, knowledgeable trainer
Some of the Things You Will Learn:
- To effectively lead groups and individuals in laughter exercises and laughter meditation
- The history of Laughter Yoga, Laughter for Wellness, and the Positive Psychology movement
- A person-centered approach to laughter applications
- The benefits and scientific research on happiness and laughter
- How to organize and lead laughter programs for diverse groups, including healthcare staff and patients (with physical and mental illnesses), seniors, children, corporate, etc.
- The wellness aspects of Laughter Yoga and how to help yourself and others improve their health and joy
- How to use and teach laughter as a coping skill and life skill
- A laughter coaching program for individuals, couples, and families who want to learn to laugh when alone and increase their joy, health, and positive attitudes and relationships; and/or reduce pain and symptoms of mental and physical illnesses. Includes a “Laugh Alone Workout” and Laughter Coaching curriculum.
- Simple exercises and techniques you can use and teach to increase joy and health and decrease stress (including deep breathing, meditation, visualization, relaxation, and journaling)
- How to start a laughter club, including the roles and responsibilities of the Laughter Leader and more
- How to make money with Laughter Yoga, including promoting and marketing your laughter services
- A “Funky Dance” Program created by Laughter for Wellness
Debbie Ellison is a highly trained and experienced Laughter Leader, Teacher, and Coach. She is also Director of Laughter for Wellness; a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader & Teacher trained by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of Laughter Yoga; and published writer and editor. She facilitates laughter clubs; certified leader trainings; and classes, trainings, and presentations on laughter, joyfulness, stress management, creativity, and healing writing for individuals, organizations, and corporations. She has presented at Peachford Hospital, Brenau University, Emory University, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, DeKalb Community Service Board, Skyland Trail, Kennesaw State University, Atlanta Creativity Exchange, the Georgia prison system, Georgia Association of Nursing Students, Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network, and many other groups.
Click here for flyer